The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection, and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering, and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space, and cyber.
SNC’s Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) division within MST is an all-domain provider of systems to sense, affect, and protect. This position is part of an outstanding team that designs, develops, and integrates Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Electronic Warfare (EW) Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT), Radar, and Landing systems. MST's Mission is to provide our Nation and its partners with ruggedized products that won’t fail, innovative solutions that improve accuracy and effectiveness, and disruptive technologies that give us the battlespace advantage for a safer tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and typically 2 or more years of related experience
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary design & development teams
- Understanding of requirements development and management, system design, systems integration, technical risk identification, management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Experience with lab test equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, network analyzers
- Ability to execute test procedures and document results
- An active U.S. Security Clearance (Secret or above), or eligibility to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience with airborne RF signal collection and processing systems
- Working knowledge of networking and Linux systems
- Experience with requirements management and system modeling tools, such as DOORS, MATLAB, Python
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, including, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Exposure to baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high-impact trade studies and other measures
- Understanding of establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
- Driven, self-motivated, work in a team environment
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.