Structural Technician I (Contract)
About the Job
Are you ready to take your aviation career to the next level? Join our team of top-notch mechanics and grow with us! As a Structural Technician I, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform variety of our operations procedures to assemble and/or create major assembly structures and minor part-fitting operations. You'll translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include basic layout, precision drilling, countersinking and the use of calibrated tools, align parts on jigs and aerospace vehicles using templates and fixtures to perform part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming and measure parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Familiarity with applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications; ability to complete installations per technical drawings while maintaining edge distance and pitch
- Exposure to structure assembly and minor part fitting techniques
- Ability to install various fasteners such as rivets and hi-locks
- Basic understanding repair and refinishing such as airframe corrosion removal, as applicable
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense, NASA or US Military
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.