Sr Systems Security Manager
About the Job
Are you looking to use your expert leadership and IT skills in an industry that supports and protects explorers and heroes? We could use your expertise on our team! The Systems Security Manager (SSM) is responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining information security policies, strategies, procedures and settings within the supported environment. The SSM serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of information systems under his/her purview. In addition, the SSM collaborates with customers during the design and development phase to translate security and business requirements into achievable processes and systems. The SSM is responsible for the overall Cybersecurity/Information Assurance (IA) of a program, organization, system, or enclave within SNC’s highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Security, Network Engineering, Information Technology or related Engineering field of study and typically 6 - 8 years of experience
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Knowledge of technical standards relating to systems security; experience administering Linux and Windows operating systems, experience with large-scale server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization and other related peripherals
- Experience with A&A requirements as outlined in the NISPOM, RMF for DOD, ICD 503, JSIG & NIST RMF
- DoD 8570/8140 compliant: CISSP and/or other equivalent certification
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility and current CI polygraph U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience with softwares such as Splunk or ELK (other SIEM), ACAS / Nessus, HBSS, eMASS, Xacta , or ServiceNow
- Knowledge of DoD, government contracting and/or public auditing, policies, standards, and procedures
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility and current CI polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.