Sr. PLM Business Application Analyst - Windchill (contract)
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Business Applications Analyst with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to develop various IT systems in order to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Business Applications Analyst, you will be using your skills and expertise to problem solve and architect challenging, new IT solutions. You'll be responsible for planning, analysis, and design of our enhancements, major deployments, upgrades, and user/role based security. Your technical responsibilities include the application of our server based IT system methodologies and concepts.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
The Sr. PLM Application Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and ongoing sustainment of Product Lifecycle Management solutions at SNC including PTC Windchill and Thingworx Navigate. The position requires in-depth knowledge of the PLM backend infrastructure including Apache Tomcat, Web Services, and MS SQL Database.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and ongoing support of PLM solutions including Windchill and Thingworx Navigate
- Provide advanced support for Windchill and Thingworx by troubleshooting application performance issues, determining root cause, and implementing system improvements
- Perform Windchill and Thingworx installations, upgrades, and service pack installations
- Work with internal Customers and Business System Analysts to gather business requirements, determine scope and feasibility, and drive deployment of solution enhancements to existing or new modules within the Windchill and Thingworx platforms
- Provide support for system integrations with downstream applications such as ERP and MES
- Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions. Take initiative to achieve value added results and improve upon solutions offered.
- Act as a technical liaison with software vendors
- Create and maintain system documentation, standard operating procedures and user guides
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in Computer Information Systems or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience with Windchill PLM applications (PDMLink, ProjectLink, ThingWorx)
- Experience with Windchill 11.0+ customizations of ACLs, Lifecycles, Workflows, Info*Engine Tasks, Webjects, OIRs, and Actions/Action-Models
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) best practices
- Experience with Windchill REST APIs
- Experience in a complex enterprise application environment with integrations and customizations to support multiple business processes
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing
- Process knowledge should include ITIL framework and SDLC methodologies
- Preferred: Advanced performance tuning of Java and SQL
- Preferred: Familiarity with an object-oriented structured programming language such as C++, or Java.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.