Sr. Configuration Analyst
About the Job
Are you known for your attention to detail, superb documentation skills, and the ability to solve complex problems? This may be the position for you! As a Configuration Analyst, you will manage the configuration of our engineering and manufacturing products through the use of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. These cover a very wide range, from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll plan and coordinate the preparation of product structure to ensure compliance with customer requirements, company standards, and industry standards. This includes input and accuracy of Product Data to include Parts and Bills of Materials (BoMs) as well as auditing the Configuration Management systems usage and verification of product configuration.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Thorough understanding of Documentation Control Database systems
- Experience in the Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Experience using PDM/PLM systems such as Windchill, Enovia 3Dxperience software, and CAD tools such as SOLIDWORKS, Creo, NX, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, CATIA.
- Knowledge of industry-standard design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware and or electrical component selection, fabrication, manufacturing, and production processes
- Understanding of the engineering release and control process for all data associated with system, mechanical, electrical, printed circuit board and/or software products
- Experience with FAA and military certification standards
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, EIA-649, MIL-HDBK-61, IEEE 828 and/or CMMI
- Ability to rapidly work on projects involving both small and large Engineering, Operations, and Program Management teams
- Skilled in product configuration definition and product structure development
- Ability to generate and maintain Product Structures compliant with all product line items required by various Engineering and Operations groups
- Certification in Configuration Management disciplines
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $88,499.72 - $121,687.12
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.