Software Engineer III
About the Job
Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation and/or space systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with one or more of the following software languages: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Demonstrated understanding of agile development within a scrum team
- Demonstrated ability to work the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, unit testing, test frameworks and reference architectures
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, SonarQube, etc.
- Solutions utilizing Container Management and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience with Open Mission Systems/Open Systems Architecture
- Experience with open standards both commercial and defense
- Experience with RESTful APIs, Frontend, Web Frameworks
- Solutions Utilizing Cloud Providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with system provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning/AI capabilities
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance . U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $101,774.67 - $139,940.19
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.