Software Engineer I
About the Job
Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related discipline and typically 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and computer science fundamentals
- Proficient in data structures and algorithms with the C/C++ programming languages
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organization skills and work ethic
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Understanding of software version control systems (subversion, git, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
- Proficient in Python, Matlab, and other programming languages
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio and cross-compilation
- Understanding of Real-Time Operating Systems and embedded systems
- Knowledge of computer graphics (OpenGL / Vulkan)
- Knowledge of machine learning principles and techniques
- Interest in avionics systems, drones, robotics, computer vision, control systems, statistics, mathematics and/or computer networking
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
In accordance with the Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC is complying with the requirements that all employees and contractors be vaccinated. As a condition of employment with SNC, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid exemption under the law.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.