Senior Quality Assurance Inspector (CONTRACT)
About the Job
SNC Space Systems is looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector Senior capable of dimensionally inspecting high-tolerance spacecraft components using Laser Tracker, Faro Arm PCMM, Creaform Instruments, CMM or hand equipment. These individuals will need to be highly adaptive and able to respond to ever-changing priorities amongst multiple spacecraft and component programs. Experience and understanding of the theories of metrology is needed to be successful in this position. Technical proficiency in the utilization of Spatial Analyzer Metrology software is required.
Performs inspection duties to insure that incoming parts, in-process production and shipped product fulfill all SNC quality requirements.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Production Inspection
- Perform precision laser alignment & laser tracking model functions.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of components and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Initiate nonconformance reports (NCs) as required
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
- Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
- Trains collateral duty Inspectors
- As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ year’s of experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- 10+ year’s of experience in aviation or spacecraft preferred
- Familiar with various metrology equipment and lab setup techniques. (FARO Vantage CMM, Creaform C-Track/Metrascan 750, and FARO Quantum Arm)
- Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
- Fluent Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M and drawing interpretation
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.