RF Engineer II (Contingent upon Award)
About the Job
We are seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Radio Frequency Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 3 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an RF Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to develop our complex products and technologies related to wireless telecommunications by applying RF and mixed signal capabilities. You'll be responsible for RF front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design, frequency coordination, analog-to-digital conversion, cell site equipment layout, and circuit design. Your technical responsibilities will include developing and executing our product testing and integration planning.
Are you ready to unleash your technical creativity? Dream, Innovate, Inspire and Empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination! RF Engineers at Sierra Nevada Corporation research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll conceptualize and design new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle from analog and digital electronic circuit card assemblies to fully integrated systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of RF/Electronics system design experience with a Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering or 1 year of experience with a Masters degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering.
- Experience with RF/Analog circuit design experience, including schematic capture through test and integration
- Hands-on prototyping and testing complex RF subsystems such as complex circuit card assemblies including amplifiers, mixers, ADCs, DACs, and PLLs.
- Must be familiar with RF system components (antennas, frequency converters, digitizers, etc.)
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Proven skillset to include: communicating with all levels of an organization internally and externally, adaptable, creative,
- collaborative, and comfortable working independently and enjoys solving difficult problems
- (Contingent upon Award)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge of SIGINT, Radar, or Electronic Warfare systems
- Experience with HFSS
- Experience with ADS/Microwave Office
- Familiarity with documentation, revision control and review systems similar to DOORS
- Current Secret or Top Secret clearance
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.