RAM Sr. Logistics Engineer
About the Job
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Desire to work on a new national capability where Reliability, Maintainability, and Sustainability will be an essential element of the design.
- Experience in program execution of HW or SW Reliability Engineering scope of work with knowledge of SE process. Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to drive RAM requirements into the IPTs and interact with customer for a state of the art, initial phase, systems-of-systems solution.
- Ability to perform as an extended part of the Mission & Systems Engineering Integration team and collaborate with the Segment IPT teams to assess the data and drive RAM requirements into the architecture.
- Ability to perform logistics related analysis and maintenance requirements generation and planning of a restricted system and influence system design to enhance supportability and utilize engineering data from various sources to determine logistics requirements.
- Ability to develop reliability math models and allocations, Reliability Block Diagrams, Reliability and Maintainability Program Plans and Perform reliability (MTBF, MTBCF, MTBR, Ao) analysis, maintainability and logistics (MTBM, MTTR, MDT, LDT, TAT) analysis, sparing analysis, and simulations which support military and industry standards
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
- Advanced Degree in STEM field
- Military experience, with logistics support, with knowledge of multiple systems such as; end to end supply chain management, integrated logistics management, logistics planning and execution is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with TO 00-5-3 processes and requirements
- Familiarity with MIL-HDBK 1388-2B, GEIA-0007, and S1000D
- Experience with PLM Tools
- Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- In depth Aerospace maintenance experience
- Knowledge in design of mechanical and electrical subsystems
- Knowledge in the development of Support Equipment design solutions
- Experience establishing product requirements, design of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience.
- Familiarity with and/or previous experience performing FRACAS, FMECAs, RBDs, and/or FTAs
- PM&P and Electronics Design experience or exposure
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.