Project Management Coordinator I
About the Job
We are seeking an entry-level Project Management Coordinator with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to coordinate program activities to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Project Management Coordinator, you will be supporting the Program Manager, group Director, and the Chief Engineer coordinating meetings, travel, and other duties as assigned. You will be using your skills to coordinate plans and schedules for our new or existing programs. You'll be assisting with monitoring and reviewing costs, budgets and schedules, manpower requirements, and supporting program procurement and materials tracking. You'll implement program modifications that result in improved productivity or reduced costs. This position will be ideal for an individual looking to develop and grow their project management skills in an exciting and growing industry.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- MS Office suite experience including; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and exchange
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse team including management, engineering, procurement, and operations.
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- MS Project experience
- Previous experience in the defense, aerospace or technical industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $58,190.00 - $80,011.25
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.