Production Technician I
About the Job
We are seeking an entry-level Production Technician with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Production Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of our production assembly operations tasks on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables while working from diagrams and drawings. You'll be responsible for disassembling, modifying, reworking, reassembling, and testing experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies. You'll make continuity checks and quality inspections on work in process and/or completed on the processing line.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies, and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- 1+ years Production Tech experience
- Perform mechanical/electrical assembly from engineering drawings, assembly instructions, and other production documentation
- Able to follow detailed instructions accurately and consistently using a variety of tools and testing instruments
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, manuals, handbooks and technical specifications;
- Integrate components, drawers and harnesses in equipment enclosures or backpacks.
- Perform simple tests such as continuity checks
- Inspect assembly work for self and other team members per appropriate standards
- Install and Integrate wiring, and termination in accordance with systems requirements
- Must have good hand eye coordination and be able to use a variety of standard tools including crimpers, soldering irons and hand tools
- Must be detail and quality oriented
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows and Office products
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
Local Candidates Only
- Circuit card assembly work with both surface mount and through-hole parts is a plus
- Ability to work on small components under a microscope is a plus
- Military electronic assembly background is a plus
- Labeling, packaging and palletizing experience a plus
- IPC certificate or experience with assembly, soldering, and connectors
- OSHA 10-Hour Training certification
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.