Principal Software Engineer
About the Job
Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's of Science degree Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience
- Advanced capabilities using Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with software architecture development and implementation, including familiarity with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience breaking down requirement into module tasking that can be delegated / assigned to lower-level developers to complete
- Experience developing in C#, C++, and Java programming languages
- Experience as a developer within a Scaled Agile Development Framework
- Experience in the configuration and deployment in containerized and / or virtualized compute environments
- Experience in the mentorship and leadership of a small software team within the scaled agile environment
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience in defense aviation subsystems including navigation systems, electronic warfare, line of sight communications, and/or beyond line of sight communications
- Experience in the development and integration of services in government reference architectures including Open Mission Systems (OMS), Future Airborne Computing Environment (FACE), or other standard system design architectures
- Experience with Link 16, CDL, TTNT, VMF, and/or CMF tactical datalinks and data transfer protocols
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $154,786.56 - $212,831.52
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.