Logistics Specialist Lead
About the Job
If you are a seasoned logistics professional looking to make an impact in a rewarding industry, join our team! As a Logistics Specialist V, you will be regarded as a Subject Matter Expert and will review and oversee our logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment, materials, and related manuals necessary to be deployed and stocked. You'll be responsible for routing, documenting, and coordinating shipping logistics, managing our records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals, and tracking logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of our storage facilities. You'll ensure all shipping process and procedures adhere to state, federal, and global regulations and coordinate import/export requirements.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 10 or moreyears of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Thorough understanding and experience with the practical application of Inventory and Supply Chain/Logistics principles and techniques
- Progressive experience with inventory databases
- Technically proficient in Costpoint
- Proficient in PowerBI
- Proficient with pulling reports out of EBI
- Data analytics in Microsoft excel
- Solution oriented mindset with unwaivering focus on SNC internal policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with Workday
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Prior experience in a Lead role; the ability to mentor, train, guide and inspect the work of subordinates
- Familiarity with AvPro or similar aviation maintenanace tracking systems
- HazMat Training/Certification
- Ability to operate a Forklift
- Experience with shipping databases, such as FedEx, DHL, UPS
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and clean driving record
- Understanding of Shelf Life
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $28.47 - $39.15
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.