Logistics Specialist I
About the Job
Are you known for your attention to detail and pride yourself in being a responsible professional? Come join us!
As a Logistics Specialist I, you assist with the preparation of our logistics documentation for spares, tools, test equipment, materials, and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. You'll support routing, documenting, and coordinating shipping logistics, records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals, and tracking logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of our storage facilities. You'll learn applicable state, federal, and global regulations and import/export requirements.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 2 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Basic understanding of Inventory and Supply Chain/Logistics principles and techniques
- Experience with inventory databases
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and clean driving record
- Local Candidates Only
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Familiarity with AvPro or similar aviation maintenance tracking systems
- HazMat Training/Certification
- Ability to operate a Forklift
- Experience with shipping databases, such as FedEx, DHL, UPS
- Understanding of Shelf Life
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.