Logistics Specialist I (Contract)
About the Job
Are you known for your attention to detail and pride yourself in being a responsible professional? Come join us as a Logistics Specialist! As a Logistics Specialist I, you assist with the preparation of our logistics documentation for spares, tools, test equipment, materials, and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. You'll support routing, documenting, and coordinating shipping logistics, records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals, and tracking logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of our storage facilities. You'll learn applicable state, federal, and global regulations and import/export requirements.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Exposure to inventory databases
- Familiarity with Inventory and Supply Chain/Logistics principles and techniques
- Familiarity with AvPro or similar aviation maintenance tracking systems
- HazMat Training/Certification
- Ability to operate a Forklift
- Experience with shipping databases, such as FedEx, DHL, UPS
- Understanding of Shelf Life
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.