IT Support Technician II
About the Job
We are seeking an IT Support Technician with an Associate's degree in a related field of study and at least 2 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to provide technical support to end users for computers and associated networks to help support the design and creation of the the most ground breaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As an IT Support Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise provide computer, hardware, and software support to our employees. You'll be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing desktop/laptop computers and our network equipment, providing personal computer, hardware, and software support and installing attendant software. You'll investigate information, network, and communications needs of our employees and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases to meet those needs.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
This hands-on technical position will diagnose, resolve and respond to local program / project site IT incidents and service requests, priorities, and goals in a MS Windows / iOS / Cisco based environment that can span from one to several offices / buildings. Technical responsibilities include (but are not limited to): technical support and administration for computing hardware and systems, packaged software, peripheral equipment, proprietary software, and network connectivity to ensure the efficient and successful operations of site IT automation in accordance with SNC corporate business, security, and IT standards, practices, policies, and procedures. This position reports to the West Region IT Manager. The ideal candidate for this role will have the aptitude and skill set to work closely with Executive IT Support staff. This position requires a unique individual that is detail oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer-centered quality support ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, repair, break/fix, moves/add/changes and integration of new and existing computing hardware, software, networking, telecommunications (VoIP handsets and systems) and other computer-related technologies and peripherals
- Address/resolve IT incidents/service request and/or escalate to the appropriate upper Tier IT teams when necessary; promptly enter/prioritize/track/monitor/update and follow-up/close all tickets received via the IT Service Desk tracking system, telephone calls and/or SNC personnel “walk-ups”
- Comprehensive “hands-on” troubleshooting skills with various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): Dell Computers, HP & Xerox printers/scanners, disk encryption, wired & wireless networking equipment, VoIP, Citrix, VPN, Symantec Antivirus, MS Windows 10, Office 2016 & Office365, and iPhone & iPad mobile devices
- Perform preventative maintenance and setup for a variety of computer related equipment and locations, including audio-visual conferencing systems and conference rooms
- Participates in Corporate IT virtual teams (VTeams) as directed
- Support organizational efforts and assist with the creation and maintenance of policies and procedures in the IT Department
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field of study and typically 10 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Demonstrable analytical skills, results oriented, self-motivator
- Working knowledge of Help Desk/Customer Support Center software/operations
- Possesses strong customer service skills and ability to work with a variety of teams to provide proactive support
- Superior customer service and communications skills along with ability to drive productive team collaboration will participate in on call support rotation
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- A+ Certifications
- ITIL - Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification
- ITSM - Information Technology Infrastructure Service Management Certification
- Information Technology certifications (Microsoft, A+, Help Desk Institute, Dell, etc.) a plus
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.