IT Application Support Manager
About the Job
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with amazing products and tools? Join our team! As a Business Applications Manager at SNC, you will be using your skills and expertise to implement, administer, and maintain our business systems. This includes service oriented architecture and other integration technologies, web technologies, mobile applications, and cloud-based solutions. You'll oversee the development of project scope and transformation of business requirements into system specifications that fit within the system architecture standards. You will also be involved with conducting feasibility studies for new applications or revisions to existing systems and will maintain deliverables within defined variances for cost, schedule, and quality.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- Drive the execution and delivery of the Application Support VGOS (Vision, Strategy, Objectives and Goals)
- Provide metrics and KPI based reporting to ensure activities maintain visibility and adhere to goals defined in the IT Annual Plan
- Execute talent strategy to maintain a well-trained, high performing, and motivated application support team
- Build and maintain business and cross functional relationships to proactively meet customer needs / address issues
- Create, maintain and improve own processes and ensure alignment to other connected processes
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving relevant IT stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility
- Provide resource estimates for the project pipeline and visibility to team resource availability
- Coordinate between IT functional areas, customers, and stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of deliverables and risks
- Maintain deliverables within defined variances for cost, schedule, and quality
- Remain aware of and proactive to industry trends relating to area of responsibility
- Manage reporting staff in day-to-day performance and job responsibilities
- Manage financial aspects including the budgeting and procurement of cloud services and on-premises applications
- BA/BS in Computer Information Systems or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Support Service Oriented Architecture and other integration technologies
- Web technologies, mobile applications, databases and cloud-based web applications (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc…)
- Experience with multiple development platforms and service models preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting, manufacturing and engineering procedures/processes or business related coursework
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT Service Management best practices such as ITIL
- Positive and proactive leadership style, with strong executive presence and excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to successfully manage a portfolio of enterprise systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Knowledge of Application Management best practices
- Experience preparing budgets, bids, and estimates for proposed projects
- Experience executing talent strategy to maintain a well-trained, high performing, and motivated team
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $101,774.67 - $139,940.19
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.