Field Service Engineer III
About the Job
If you are adept at identifying, installing and troubleshooting technical solutions, enjoy collaborating with multiple teams and frequent international travel, we may have the perfect role for you! As a Field Service Engineer III, you will be using your skills and real-time expertise to provide technical support and troubleshooting for our products at critical or highly sensitive base or remote locations. You'll be responsible for assessing our customer needs and determining the most appropriate technical solution for our mature products and services. You're technical responsibilities include support of the deployment of system upgrades to such as technical refresh of systems, technical installation of major hardware/software upgrades, system error detection and correction, and configuration management.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
At SNC’s Mission Solutions Technology team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems, precision approach systems for aircraft carriers, electronic warfare, translation systems, and enhanced vision systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe.
What to look forward to:
- As a Field Service Engineer, you will be using your skills and real-time expertise to provide technical support and troubleshooting for our products and services at critical or highly sensitive base or remote locations. You'll be responsible for assessing our customer needs and determining the most appropriate technical solution. You're technical responsibilities include support of the deployment of system upgrades to such as technical refresh of systems, technical installation of major hardware/software upgrades, system error detection and correction, and configuration management. Example: Work closely with DVEPS end-users to provide education and guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns. Working under limited supervision providing technical expertise in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading Enhance Vision Systems. May be required to represent the company on external projects, work extended hours, and travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Up to 25% travel during first 6 months of hire from Sparks, NV to FSR location (Killeen, TX)
- After 6 months of on-boarding and training at multiple locations you will be deployed as an SNC FSR to a base in a major city in Germany for 10 months (specific city/base is TBD)
- Primary work location is in Killeen, TX
- Software engineering experience
- Experience performing Maintenance, Repair, or Overhaul of Avionics Systems (Radar knowledge preferred)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Ability to interface with Engineering and Operations in the repair and upgrade of Enhance Vision Systems
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices and security procedures, including Network File Systems (NFS, GPFS, Lustre, Samba, CIFS, etc.) and Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Strong knowledge of IP networking, routing protocols, server-client relationship, and Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SOAP, XML, SNMP, CORBA, LDAP).
- Maritime ISR experience
- Ability to operate automatic test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair defective parts and perform routine inspections on systems and equipment
- Ability to understand US Army Aviation Maintenance Management Processes and Data Systems
- Familiarization with equipment carry-on procedures, equipment chain of custody
- Familiarization with DTED terrain data
- Cognizant knowledge of airworthiness directives, procedures, and processes
- Knowledge/familiarity with working for a military customer/in a military CONUS garrison environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.