Engineering Technician III (Contract) - shift work required
About the Job
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that leverages your advanced technical expertise? Come join our team!
As an Engineering Technician III, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. You'll be responsible for constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, testing, and maintaining our equipment, components, devices, or systems. You'll ensure our systems and components meet established specifications.
The Space Systems business area, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Executes building and testing of flight hardware along with troubleshooting activities in accordance with established policies, procedures, work instructions and specific customer requirements
- Completes parts lists, checks drawings in accordance with released engineering
- Work includes, but is not limited to, dismantling, repairing, fabricating, assembling and erecting structural components for GSE and flight hardware
- Assists as required during inspection verification or modification/maintenance procedures
- Has experience in fabrication work including metal, aluminum, composite and plastics
- Has basic knowledge of cutting, drilling and repair work
- Experience in two part compounds and bonding processes
- Experience with overhead cranes, gantries and powered industrial equipment
- Has mechanical assembly experience
- Understands the use of basic measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height gages)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience working in MRP
- Extensive hand tool experience
- Ability to read and follow complex written instructions
- Associate's degree in a related field of study and at least 4 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, diagrams, schematics and manuals
- Ability to work with standard laboratory test equipment, other measurement equipment, hand tools, and power tools
- Previous experience and/or certifications within the aerospace and defense industry
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCAD or other 3-D CAD software
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.