Associate Program Manager
About the Job
This is an Associate role that, under the direction of the Program Manager / Program Director, performs the following:
Supporting the management in all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for assigned programs, in accordance with the approved SNC processes. Achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for assigned programs/customers.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Responsible to coordinate the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and CPPM processes
- Support PM/PD in their role as Proposal Manager or key proposal team members for follow-on business and/or new business opportunities related to their respective program areas. The Proposal Manager is responsible for successfully completing the SNC proposal process to include developing the strategy for successfully completing the proposal, developing all proposal review data for executive management approval, and ensuring the technical, cost, and management requirements of the proposal are met
- Support PM/PD as representative with the customer on their assigned program(s)
- Responsible to maintain close contact with the customer organization to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate internal and external customer representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises
- Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for their programs in concert with Contracts and the PM/Director of Programs
- Support the development and execution of the business area capture plan within their assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Assist in identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion
- Assists in ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
- Requires a BA/BS in related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- DoD Contracting
- Program Management, Manufacturing or Technical background in electronic systems
- Expert of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- APMs shall possess extensive technical and/or financial knowledge of the program(s) assigned to them and be actively learning the program management discipline, as well as SNC program management philosophy, processes and tools
- Required skills include but are not limited to continuous learning, team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines
- Should possess a financial acumen, with ability to manage cost and schedule; proven ability to deliver on time and with utmost quality
- Required OJT/Development: APM's will be required to complete SNC's Program Management Certification program, as well as the SNC Bachelor's Supervisory Learning Path in first six months to year of role
- Knowledge of Earned value management experience
- PMI Certification desired
- PMP certification
- Proposal experience to include preparing cost estimates and BOE rationales
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.