Associate Program Manager
About the Job
We are seeking an Associate Program Manager with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Associate Program Manager, you will be using your skills and expertise to direct all phases of our programs from inception through completion. You'll be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of our programs and establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test. You'll coordinate the preparation of our proposals, business plans, budgets, and financial terms and conditions of contracts, act as the primary contact for program activities, and lead program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
The Space Systems business area, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Responsible to coordinate the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Experience monitoring, updating, and reporting on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and Corporate Planning and Performance Measurement (CPPM) processes
- Experience supporting Proposal Management with follow-on business and/or new business opportunities. This can include assisting with cost, technical, & management of opportunities and that requirements are met
- Frequent exposure to working with customers (both internal & external) to ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open
- Experience in identifying staffing/resource needs for assigned & projected programs
- ISO 9001:2000 experience is required
- Support of Program Manager and/or Program Director as a representative with the customer on their assigned program(s)
- Track record of providing the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Contract strategy, development, review, & negotiation with multiple levels to include Program Managers & Director of Programs
- Development & execution of capture plans
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.