Aircraft Certification Engineers at SNC are exposed to a broad range of aircraft modifications. We create successful program execution by coordinating with various aircraft regulators to ensure that the aircraft design is compliant to an appropriate set of regulations. This includes the FAA and various US and Foreign military organizations. In this role you will solve an extremely diverse set of problems related to aircraft design and operation. This is a high visibility role that involves interfacing with most of the other roles in the organization and taking a broad perspective of the entire air system.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries.
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline and typically 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Basic awareness of the certification planning process (i.e. developing certification plans, the establishment of certification basis, proposing Methods of Compliance, proposing compliance artifacts)
- Ability to attain a Secret clearance
- Background in the Aerospace and/or Defense Industry
- Background in Project Management
- Comfortable reviewing information from various engineering disciplines outside of your specialty
- Prior experience with FAA Certification Standards (14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, 29) and/or Military certification (MIL-HDBK-516) programs
- Experience coordinating certification approvals with the FAA Aircraft Certification Office, ODA's, Delegated Engineering Representatives (DER's)/Unit Members or other certifying authorities
- Experience with reading, reviewing and interpreting technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations
- Familiarity with aircraft flight test
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $79,264.96 - $108,989.32
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.