A&P Mechanic II
About the Job
Are you a skilled aviation professional with the desire to join a team of talented mechanics and elevate your career? We have the opportunity for you!
As an A&P Mechanic II, you will provide our customers with an airworthy and reliable product while maintaining the highest standards of quality and integrity. You'll perform basic maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting of our aircraft airframes and engines to ensure aircraft conformance with regulations.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 2 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Must pass, written, oral and practical assessments
- Active, current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification with no prior FAA violations
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work locations
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Pass and maintain Class 3 Physical requirements, including a hearing test
- Basic understanding of applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications
- Current/ valid passport and be able to obtain a visa to travel internationally
- Satisfaction of minimum health standards for DoD deployment
- Ability to deploy for a minimum of 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations. Approximate 90/45 rotation
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- FAA repair station and/or Quality Assurance experience
- Able to travel on a regular basis and/or work different shifts including overtime and weekends
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.