Here at Serco we are looking for a IT Service Desk Engineer to join the team at Lincolnshire County Council.
The IT Service Desk team member will be the front line for all IT Incidents and Requests raised by Lincolnshire County Council. They will answer phone calls, respond to Portal raised tickets and triage, assign to the relevant level 2 and level 3 teams, or resolve. All tickets to be completed will be defined in the Service Catalogue, within the agreed SLA’s.
This includes Incident Management, Event Management, Problem Management (first level), Access Management and Request Fulfilment (first level).
Your key accountabilities will be;
- To provide the first contact support for all IT Incidents and Service Requests for all 1st line tasks within the Service Catalogue.
- Provide first assessment of on incoming calls and tickets raised via a portal
- To provide a single point of contact for Customers
- To facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact on the Customer within agreed service levels and business priorities
- Work towards a high first-time fix rate (using remote control software as necessary)
- Provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- Pass issues to second line and third line support where necessary
- Review impact and prioritisation of issues and escalate major issues to the Incident Manager
- To record all activity for inbound Incidents and Service Requests in the designated Ticket Management System, ensuring that all Incidents and Service Requests contain full details, have the correct category and sub-category designation and are correctly prioritised.
- Ensure ownership is taken of user issues
- Actively communicate with the customer
- Ensuring company Health & Safety standards are always met
- Follow ITIL guidelines where applicable
What you will need to do the role
• Experience of Servicedesk and Desktop Support and with interest in Information Technology, with aspirations to progress into an IT based career.
• Requires a practical understanding of a technical area/discipline.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing to service users at all levels, colleagues, and professionals
• Microsoft Office 365 products e.g., Word, Excel and Microsoft Operating systems – Windows 10
• Remote Control Tools
• Basic understanding of PC/Laptop and Printer Hardware
• Experience of remote reimaging
• Experience of software deployment via SCCM/Configuration manager
• Excellent telephone manner
• Expert in 1st Line Support procedures and protocols
• ITIL Foundation Qualification Desirable
Meaningful and vital work: We understand the culture of public service delivery and the obligations on us as a trusted partner to government.
A world of opportunity: As a team we are growing and developing, and you’ll be able to contribute to and be a part of this.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary £21,000 - £23,500
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- We offer flexible/agile working environments and the chance to buy annual leave as part of the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.