Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
£19,978 per annum plus benefits
Here at Serco, we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our team at RAF Croughton. The Warehouse Operative will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery, installation and collection of United States Air Force household furniture and appliances to various destinations of residence across the UK. In addition to the upkeep and completion of warehouse tasks.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Safe loading of the vehicles in a manner to cause no damage to any items or vehicles, with proper weight distribution.
- Check all items against a manifest to ensure all items are present and complete.
- Deliver furniture into servicemen’s homes and position the items as desired by the customer causing no damage to the property.
- Install, test and demonstrate white goods in customers’ homes, ensuring no damage or leaks from the appliances.
- Warehouse duties to include cleaning and testing of white goods and furniture, stock inventory and general cleaning duties.
- Assist in ensuring the Lease Vehicles are cleaned and maintained to meet company standards.
- Unloading and assembly of deliveries of new stock or reusable stock from other agencies.
- Assist in arranging deliveries and collections to suit customer requirements with best value.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- To be able to communicate with customers in a polite manner.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Be physically fit and able to life heavy items.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- The role is subject to gaining the appropriate Security Clearance.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pensions contributions - up to 6%
- Serco discounts which includes cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Meaningful and Vital Work - Everyone in our Defence business has an important role to play in the smooth operation of the UK’s Armed Forces. Whether you’re joining us from the military or from a civilian background, you’ll take great pride in supporting the military and the care we take of our defence customers.
A World of Opportunity - With over 70 military contracts here in the UK and a wide variety of roles, Serco can offer excellent opportunities for progression, whether that’s in Defence or in another part of our multi-sector business. We also support our teams with a range of training and accreditations, from apprenticeships to chartered statuses.
Great People - Within Serco you’ll find diverse and inclusive people that are driven by the same can-do attitude and values of Care, Trust, Pride, and Innovation. We are proud of who we are as individuals - and of how we come together as one team.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We’re also a signatory of the UK Government's Women in Defence Charter serco.com/uk/careers/defence-careers/women-in-defence
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website.
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We’re a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.