Senior Telecom Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Budapest, Budapest
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position will be located in our Budapest Center of Excellence.
For more information on Our Budapest IT Centre of Excellence please click the below link,
This position provides an exciting opportunity to help Unify Communications within a complex environment. Knowledge of O365/Skype For Business/MS Teams, SIP and Avaya will allow the correct candidate to be successful in this role. The successful candidate will deploy & support our Unified platforms globally. Duties include; resolving issues on Skype For Business, Avaya and SIP platforms, System Monitoring, Major outage management, supporting ticket resolution, project management and oversea our telecom vendors to deliver a quality service to our business colleagues.
- O365 & Microsoft Teams, Avaya, configuration and support
- Monitor for P1 incidents and oversee the day-to-day tickets raised for voice infrastructure
- Support our Vendors with troubleshooting telecom-based problems
- Perform monthly analysis and provide any reports required
- Utilize monitoring tools to ensure our environment remains stable
- Determine preventative maintenance documentation in conjunction with our vendors
- Support on-call rotation initiative to support the business 24x7
- Assist and participate in developing cost estimates and proposals for new system requirements
- Full understanding of SIP trunking and endpoints
- Strong understanding of VoiP configuration. This includes bandwidth calculations, CODEC types and QoS configuration
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group