Senior Technical Sales Specialist Pharma Analytics
About the Job
The job: Senior Technical Sales Specialist Pharma Analytics UK & IE (Band 7)
The Senior TSS Pharma Analytics will be responsible for the development and execution of Pharma Analytics Business (instruments and consumables) in the UK and Ireland regions. You will develop the business plan, develop mid and long-term objectives, sales strategies, pricing strategy and customer satisfaction goals. The Senior Technical Sales Specialist will operate at a senior level in the customer organization with key opinion leaders in close collaboration with the Bioproduction Account Managers and the Field Application Specialist team. Aligned to the regional nature of the role responsibility, the role holder can be based remotely based in the UK or Ireland.
- Based on profound knowledge of Pharma/BioPharma Development, Manufacturing and QC, develop and execute business objectives to continue and expand the adoption of Rapid Molecular Methods in Development, Production and QC.
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach in these organisations.
- Together with the Bioproduction Account Manager, manage Key Accounts with key influencers based in the regions, some of which may span to other global geographies.
- Together with the Business Manager, build and execute a plan for market development in the region
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets.
- Act at high level with key influencers and relevant regulatory departments to drive business using a Top Down approach.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to increase our business.
- Co-ordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing and finance.
- Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent.
- Proven significant experience in Sales, preferably with domain knowledge from BioPharma / Pharma Industry.
- Highly organized individual.
- Demonstrable record of achieving business objectives and measuring performance toward those objectives.
- Self-motivated individual, capable of working in a pan-European team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Knowledge of RT-PCR and DNA Sequencing technology platforms desired.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the UK and Ireland region.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally. Apply Today!