Senior Software Engineer, Algorithm Development
About the Job
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Algorithm development
Reports to: Staff Engineer, Software R&D
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-515pm
What will you do?
You will be working alongside system engineers, firmware engineers, product managers as well as within the algorithm engineering team to develop new or enhance existing algorithms. The algorithms will be used to perform analysis on data collected by the life science instrument. You will learn new technologies such as machine learning and deep learning, and apply these technologies to enhance or add new capabilities to our instruments.
- Develop world class products and applications for the Life Sciences industry (qPCR, sequencing, etc.)
- Work independently in a cross functional team to develop software according to specifications and development standards
- Lead small teams to complete software development projects for Senior Engineer candidates
- Work in a geographically separated team in different time zones
- Contribute to innovation and process improvement efforts
How will you get here?
- Technical degree with 4-5 years of relevant experience as a software professional.
- Experience in Algorithm development.
- Completed min. 3-4 full cycle SW projects, as this is a Senior Engineer role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be well-versed in object-oriented programming.
- Must be well-versed in both C/C++ and Java language.
- Must be familiar with engineering mathematics, linear regression, nonlinear optimization, etc.
- Must be familiar with Matlab.
- Knowledge in JNI or other similar technologies.
- Knowledge in Deep learning/Machine learning is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of image processing is preferred
- Basic knowledge of optical engineering is preferred
- Must possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with code management tools, for example, Git.
- Able to write good unit test.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.