Senior Software Developer ETL (Remote)
About the Job
Your expertise shapes our business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. And at the heart of that innovation are new digital products. Working on many different aspects of the customer experience, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfil them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that’s right for them.
Sr. Data Engineer
Location: Home Office
About this job
CarMax is disrupting the industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms, providing an iconic customer experience. As at Sr. Data Engineer you will support this by being involved in the data integration and analysis this process. The Carmax Master Data Management team is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to provide hands on data integration development data analysis expertise for an MDM team that is building data products that will enable trusted operational master data across the enterprise. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that’s right for them.
The Sr. Data Engineer will be responsible for understanding the business value requests and requirements provided by the Product Manager, and will use a technical, analytical and critical thinking skillset to develop ETL and Data Integration programs, and analyze data for the MDM team. Additionally, you will partner with integration partners to understand source system application data, and assist with reconciliation and remediation.
The candidate is a proven team player, highly proficient in SQL development, strong critical thinker, well versed in ETL, data integration and data analysis in a wide range of applications.
This position involves a high degree of independence and broad exposure to all aspects of development including configuration, maintenance, analysis, design, implementation and documentation.
The individual provides on-time and accurate estimation of work, ensures a high level of quality of team solutions, and is driven to meet commitments.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Partner with Product Manager and Sr Analyst to understand business and functional requirements
- Develop ETL and data integration programs, using a variety of technologies, including Informatica, SQL and scripting
- Analyze and troubleshoot data integrations to identify and resolve missing or incorrect or inconsistent data due to ETL issues.
- Assist the team in performing analysis required for UAT testing and validation
- Assist the team with analysis required for post implementation testing, validation and monitoring
Qualifications and Requirements
- Extensive experience with hands on development of complex SQL programs to enable analysis of application data
- Extensive experience with ETL and data integration development using Informatica and other technologies
- Proficiency in multiple procedural programming languages like Phython, Java and or C#.
- Proven track record of exhibiting strong critical thinking by analyzing facts in order to understand a business request or requirement thoroughly.
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong communication both written and verbal
MDM Experience ++++
Data Governance Experience ++
Python Scripting Experience +
About CarMax (DO NOT UPDATE)
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.