Senior Site Specialist Band 3- Media and Buffer Prep
About the Job
Job Title: Senior Site Specialist (Media and Buffer Prep)
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you will be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Customer location in Thousand Oaks, California
- Play a key role in a team of laboratory staff performing media and buffer operations for Research, Quality and Process Development
- Drive excellence in the Media Sciences program through right-the-first-time preparation of custom media formulations, compliance adherence, safe lab techniques, workload scheduling, and client satisfaction
- Champion innovation and practical process improvement in the laboratory
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain areas in high state of inspection preparedness.
- Maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements utilizing current Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Execute tasks associated with media and buffer preparation operations (e.g. complex calculations, aseptic technique, chemical inventory, troubleshooting, cell culture media prep, dilutions, microbial agar plates, pH titration, conductivity, osmolality adjustment, and GMP/GLP operations)
- Performs the weighing dispensing of raw materials for media and buffer prep, filtration, labeling and transfer of product.
- Perform verification/approval of peer calculations, technical documentation, and equipment log books
- Verification, calibration and use of common and specialized lab equipment
- Draft and revise more complex documents (e.g. media request procedures (MRPs), work instructions, GLP documents), May use specialized electronic systems
- Provides general guidance and technical expertise to peers and clients
- Identify and support implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed.
Basic skills and education needed
Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in a scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular biology or related field) and 1 year of laboratory experience.
Beyond that, the qualifications are:
- Experience in a laboratory setting; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Safety and the ability to maintain a compliant, highly effective and efficient product environment is critical.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner with deadlines, fluctuating workload, or lastminute changes.
- High level of attention to detail in both operations and documentation is required.
- Communicates effectively and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Familiarity with Starlims (Laboratory Information management system) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral
- Detail oriented and analytical; Decision making and problem-solving skills
- GMP/GLP compliance, audit critical records preferred
- Recognize & accurately report problems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Experience writing laboratory procedures and work instructions.
- Organization and time management
- Working conditions include extensive walking/standing, ability to lift, push and pull up to 35 pounds consistently, and ability to work with carcinogenic, mutagenic, and irritant classified chemicals
- May need to provide weekend support
- Exhibit Thermo Fisher’s Values
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.