Senior Mechanical Engineer
About the Job
Thermo Fisher is seeking a highly innovative, motivated and talented Mechanical Engineer with leadership capabilities and with experience in Mechanical and Design to join our team. As a member of the R&D team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will contribute directly to the execution of technology and product development projects & strategy through technical product development and leadership of a diverse and talented team of Engineers. System Engineering experience is desirable.
- Execution of design projects from concept through delivery.
- Work closely with Project Management (PM) and cross-functional teams to execute projects to requirements and schedule.
- Work closely with PM (Product Management) to assess opportunities and perform project estimation tasks
- Perform technical analysis as required (simulations, tolerance and error budgeting) and present results
- Drive design and build of prototypes. Perform characterization and analysis relative to theoretical design and initial requirements.
- Complete documentation required for release to manufacturing
- Lead and direct the work of cross-functional project teams.
- Partner with management on product innovation and systems solutions and lead innovation that result in breakthrough solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge in mechanical, electro-mechanical engineering. Experience with mechanisms and precision mechanical designs of complex systems
- Ability to innovate and architect new product designs when opportunities present.
- System Engineering experience desirable
- Ability to multi-task and operate efficiently in a fast-paced product development environment with multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Project leadership and leading development teams and projects
- Understanding of requirements for building DFx, reliability and regulatory compliance into the original design
- Excellent communication skills with the following: interdepartmental (electrical, software, system engineers), cross-functional (Operations, Marketing)
- Expertise with Solid Works and ePDM: ANSYS is a plus
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, die casting, plastic injection molding, and machining processes
- Familiarity with reading and modifying computer programs is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Industry experience in analytical instruments is preferred
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 8-10 years of demonstrated engineering & product development experience
- Must be U.S. Citizen or US Permanent Resident
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 72,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.