About the Job
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for accurately performing duties related to the month-end close process (journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, etc.). The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong initiative, take on complete ownership of an assigned task, and can develop and maintain cross-functional relationships between various operating departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs more complex tasks involved in interfacing all reporting systems/accounting transactions into the general ledger for respective functional areas.
- Responsible for proper recording and review of all financial transactions within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing complex account reconciliations for respective functional areas and investigating and resolving variances.
- Prepares schedules for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Identifies areas where systems are not functioning properly or where system improvements would enhance reporting or operations.
- Performs fluctuation analysis on account balances and discusses findings with field personnel, financial analysts and/or management.
- Assists with special projects, including the preparation of schedules for the external auditors.
- Responsible for training and assisting less experienced accountants.
- Performs other duties, ad hoc requests, and projects as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5 years of related experience is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Should be detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel spreadsheet functions (i.e. vlookups, pivot tables, etc).
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet