About the Job
Title: Scientist II
Work Location: Alachua, FL
Division: Pharma Services Group (PSG)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a dynamic organization that is looking for motivated scientists to develop the highest quality processes, analytics, and products for our clients. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, to the cell and gene therapy field, for our client partners and the patients they serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to join our organization now and into the future.
What Will You Do?
The Scientist II is responsible to develop novel manufacturing and analytical platforms and technologies for use in cell and viral vector manufacturing.
Duties include collaborative planning, executing, troubleshooting, and assisting with other lab activities as required. The incumbent is expected to maintain high standards for the work they perform, including:
- Execute, record, and organize scientific development projects under the guidance from senior lab personnel and/or Principal Investigators.
- Draft and review technical plans, reports, and protocols under the guidance from senior lab personnel and/or Principal Investigators, analyzes and present experimental data, generates laboratory protocols
- Maintaining proper records to support regulatory filings and protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards.
- Maintains laboratory and equipment.
- Manages projects at the experiment level
- Ensures availability and suitability of materials and equipment to execute their assignments.
- Coordinating hand-off of samples for testing.
- Experience in culture, cGMP, purification, or analytical development for biologicals. Strong foundational knowledge in at least one of the three following areas: biologics production, cell biology, virology, &/or purification.
How Will You Get There?
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 3+ years of experience, Master's degree in relevant field. Relevant fields of study include: Microbiology, Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related disciplines.