Scientist I, Process Development
About the Job
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Scientist I, Process Development
Group / Division: Pharma Services Group (PSG)
Position Location: Princeton, NJ
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Assists with internal development of scalable processes with improved product yield and reduced costs in a biologics environment. Provides routine analyses as assigned in a biology environment by following standard practices. Makes detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results. Maintains lab equipment.
- Conducts routine tasks and sample analyses to support process development.
- Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and regularly.
- Assists with preparing protocols, reports, and test methods.
- Maintains and ensures safe laboratory environment and work practices.
- Helps to maintain laboratory and order common supplies.
- Executes, records, and evaluates experimental data appropriately, including the writing and revising of process development reports and technology transfer protocols as needed.
- Learns and assists with the design and development of mammalian cell culture processes to support the production and manufacturing of recombinant proteins (including mAbs). Assists with performing media optimization, bioreactor process development, and cell culture clarification.
- Department leaders and individual contributors
- Project leads
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- Typically requires no previous related experience. Prefer science experience related to pharmaceutical industry.
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- Good foundation in general scientific practice, principles, and concepts of discipline.
- Basic knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in cGMP/cGLP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Good lab skills.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Effective communication skills.
- Good MS Excel and Word skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to execute tasks and studies based on the deliverables.
- Ability to analyze and summarize routine scientific data.
- Ability to properly document work and write reports.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to standard procedures.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.