Scientist I Cell Biology
About the Job
Our Cell Biology team has an opportunity for an exceptional and passionate scientist with experience in molecular and cellular assay development relevant to stem cell culture and cell therapy systems. This Scientist I position requires (A) basic cell biology skills with aseptic techniques, primary blood cell culture and isolation of various blood cell types, culture and manipulation of stem cells, experience with immunostaining, fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry; (B) strong background in molecular biology (Plasmid/DNA/RNA isolation, RT-PCR and RNA/DNA arrays).
- Be an effective team member with ability to be an active listener & quick learner, possess strong work ethics and a sense of urgency to execute on project objectives, ability to work independently in a fast-paced product development setting with minimal supervision
- Leverage background in primary and stem cell culture and manipulation for new product development - In depth experience in immunostaining, flow cytometry, working knowledge of immune cell isolation
- Must be able to assist in experimental design and planning, independently execute experiments and analyze results; ability to identify technical issues and set up follow-up experiments to trouble-shoot
- Maintain organized notebooks and compile technical summaries, documents and presentations
- Present data to peers and willing to articulate and defend ideas to internal and external scientific audience.
- Ability to positively respond to change, treat people with respect and dignity and work within a diverse team
- Understand stringency of timelines and be accountable for timely delivery of assigned tasks, some weekend work may be required based on the project.
Requires BS degree with minimum of 1 years’ experience in related field or MS degree in cell Biology or related Life Sciences discipline
- Prior laboratory experience in research setting is required, preferably exposure to new product development