About the Job
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Bow Technician - Part Time - Colorado Springs, CO
Do you have a passion for Archery? Take that passion and turn it into a career at SCHEELS. Our Bow Technicians work with our archery experts to deliver the best customer experience in retail. You will be responsible for setting up a customer's dream bow, work with vendors like Mathews, Hoyt and Vapor trail to order parts and repair bows to get your customer back out shooting. SCHEELS boasts the most rigorous training programs in the archery retail, so experience in this role is not necessary. Compensation for this position starts at $14.00/hour, and hours can average 20 hours per week.
Your career begins at SCHEELS! With over 115 years in business, SCHEELS is a leader in the sporting goods industry, driven to create the best experience in the USA for our customers. SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of sports brands in America-offering world-class brands, special attractions, and unmatched customer service.
SCHEELS associates enjoy going to work. You are empowered to take pride and ownership of your job, all while enjoying one of the best careers in retail. SCHEELS is an employee-owned, privately held business whose empowered associates and leaders drive the success of their store and the entire company.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in their shops to go above and beyond to meet the customer's needs and expectations. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk, with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a focus throughout your entire career.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantages of the health and wellness benefits we offer.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Carefully follow instructions per specific requests of the customer, while maintaining safety requirements
- Service bows including:
- Setting up bows with accessories
- Tuning Bows
- Repair of bows
- Stringing bows
- Communicate process of repair and suggestions for ongoing maintenance
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space, archery bench, back stock space and surrounding areas
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Attend sales and product knowledge training meetings when required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to do basic math, and perform operations using units of measurement, currency, and understanding of percentages
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties that may be assigned by leadership
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or 3 months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be able to also exert up to 50 - 80lbs of pulling force regularly
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 5p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20 hours.