SBM Management is currently looking to hire a Maintenance Technician to join their team! The Maintenance Technician Perform facility maintenance requirements. Keep assigned areas clean and in an orderly condition. Work successfully with co-workers, customers, contractors, & others. Understand and follow instructions, both verbal and written. Understand instructions for task using basic communication skills.Responsibilities
- Comply with safety and environmental rules, policies, and procedures. Stop at risk behavior of others and self.
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules.
- Take direction and respond to supervision.
- Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner.
- Maintain logs and schedules.
- Proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools, and other equipment.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct.
- Understand customer service and satisfaction.
- Understand reporting systems and importance of the environment.
Examples of tasks include but are not limited to:
§ Replace or repair plumbing fixtures, i.e. faucets, sinks, garbage disposals, hot water dispensers, drinking fountains, and toilets.
§ Pressure washing.
§ Re-lamping or replace light bulbs/tubes.
§ Replace ceiling tiles.
§ Paint and patch.
§ Work with Caulks, Lubricants, & Adhesives
§ Emergency eye wash & shower maintenance.
§ Floor tile, raised floor tile, and carpet repair & maintenance.
§ Fire Sprinkler and Extinguisher Maintenance.
§ Maintenance on compactors and/or balers.
§ Responds to trouble calls.
§ Assist with room and audio/visual set ups.
§ Make and install signs
§ Basic air handler maintenance (filter replacement)
§ Maintain maintenance logs and schedules.
- Six months to one year maintenance in a company environment or equivalent experience and/or training, such as basics in plumbing, painting, HVAC, or construction.
- Prefer H.S. diploma or GED or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Completed all safety, environmental and task training certifications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental rules, equipment operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, co-workers, contactors, and team members.
- Very good communications and decision-making skills. Ability to read blueprints and/or other technical documents a plus, not required.
- English preferred, Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Know how to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to apply good judgment when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving changes in standardized procedures and situations.
- Ability to learn the operation and care of equipment.
- Work is routine & repetitive.
- Recognize and understand safety signs and building warning systems.
- Understand safety requirements. Understand & meet company handbook expectations.
- Valid Driver’s license with clear MVR.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certification may be required.
- Ability to change tasks or assignments outside normal duties.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, such as hammer, screwdriver, pliers, power drill, saws, roto-hammers and grinders.
- Use of scissor lifts, and working on ladders and scaffolding. Soldering and welding a plus.
- Must have car
- Preferred commercial painting experience
Compensation: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Shift: 1st Shift
100% Vaccination Status required for site access