Sales Specialist, Genetic Analysis
About the Job
We are looking for an ambitious Sales Specialist to join our Genetic Analysis (GA) team in the UK. As Sales Specialist, you will be using your scientific expertise and sales skills to sell our four main GA product lines: Capillary/CE sequencing; Next generation Sequencing (ION Torrent); Real-time PCR / qPCR; and Micro arrays, providing an unrivalled and unique portfolio in the genomics space.
You will work with a large variety of customers in research and clinical environments, working in fields like Healthcare (NHS), Biotech, Pharma, Academia and other Genomics-orientated segments. You will act as a trusted commercial point of contact, working closely with our various specialists and support staff to serve our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty, and contributing to the overall commercial success of the business.
This role will be remote-based, involving extensive travel on a weekly basis (3 to 4 days per week on average), with occasional overnight stays. We can be very flexible with sales territory and are, therefore, happy to consider qualified candidates based anywhere in England. As such, we have advertised the role across multiple locations. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home, ensuring your work/life balance works for you.
What will you do?
- Work closely with your Sales and Sales Support colleagues to deliver market leading Genetic Analysis solutions that solve real life customer problems and drive incremental business
- Achieve sales targets of your assigned product portfolio (Genetic Analysis Instruments and associated Consumables)
- Utilise market research and knowledge to develop effective sales strategies and impact directly upon the sales of products, now and in the future
- Maintain and develop customer relationship in the short and long term, focusing on the development of strategic key accounts by implementing and updating Account and Territory Plans
- Gather, analyse and deliver information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market including forecasting, lost order reporting and competitive information
- Provide direct feedback on client needs and design, together with Marketing and Sales, account-specific promotions, seminars and exhibitions to support strategic goals on a tactical basis
- Update and maintain the CRM (Salesforce.com) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organisation
Who we are looking for:
- A highly motivated individual who is passionate about our customer’s success
- Previous Life Science sales experience is essential
- Degree (minimum) in a Life Science (Molecular Biology preferred)
- Clear understanding of the academic and industrial markets, together with a proven track record of working with technology-based products in those markets
- Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Ability to sell in a consultative manner such that customer need is discovered and addressed in an individualized clinical and data driven manner
- Sales mindset and commercial acumen, with the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Any of the following of interest: medical background, laboratory experience, managed care knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Willing and able to travel extensively on a weekly basis (c. 3 to 4 days per week), including occasional overnight stays
- Driving licence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary plus sales commission
- Home office based with flexibility to manage your own diary
- Company car
- Generous benefits package
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.