BUILD ON YOUR CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY . As an Operations Supervisor, you’ll be part of a fast-paced team, driven to succeed and empowered to develop your operations & managerial career. This is an essential industry and we’ve been in the game since 1933!
The “ Ops Manager ” manages the operations and personnel for locations with approximately [For I, 1-130. For II, 131 – 370] truck units. Roles including Operations Supervisors, Technicians-In-Charge, and/or Customer Service Coordinators, as well as Technicians, Service Employees and/or a Parts Responsible Person report to you and are there to support the needs of the assigned location. The Ops Manager must be able to accomplish results through direct involvement and limited delegation of work and responsibilities, thus ensuring business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Ops Manager is responsible for ensuring the customer's needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business measured through leadership competencies and business metrics. This position is responsible for the management of the location(s) performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the location is in compliance with and properly executing all key company processes, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Repair Practices. As with all Ryder shop positions, the Ops Manager is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures.
This role may also be a developmental position to prepare incumbents for the Senior Operations Manager role because w_ e allow you to carve out your own career path and promote from within_ , based on performance. The continuous, on-the-job experience here at Ryder opens up other opportunities and provides a long-lasting career. This position comes with a competitive salary and yearly bonus. We also offer a full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
Shop Location- Augusta, GA
Shift- Monday-Friday, 1st shift (10 hour shifts)
You thought that was it? Take a look at a few of these: Ryder's most recently been named "Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation (https://newsroom.ryder.com/news/news-details/2022/Ryder-Named-One-of-the-Top-Companies-for-Women-to-Work-For-in-Transportation-in-2022/default.aspx) " by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine ’s “World’s Most Admired Companies (https://newsroom.ryder.com/news/news-details/2022/FORTUNE-Magazine-Names-Ryder-Among-Worlds-Most-Admired-Companies-for-10th-Consecutive-Year/default.aspx) ”, & one of “Reader's Choice Excellence Awards (https://newsroom.ryder.com/news/news-details/2022/Ryder-Voted-Among-Top-10-3PLs-in-Readers-Choice-Excellence-Awards-by-Inbound-Logistics/default.aspx) ” by Inbound Logistics. What about our green initiative…? We have the largest EV footprint in the U.S. In addition to that, Verizon has recognized Ryder with their "Supplier Environmental Excellence Award (https://https/www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220712005382/en/Ryder-Receives-Verizon%E2%80%99s-Supplier-Environmental-Excellence-Award) "
Here is from people that work here!
This is Ryder:
- Operations Management:Responsible for the execution of work analysis, vehicle planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approval.Directly involved in Labor Planning by evaluating incoming work and allocating resources, balancing shift schedules, and level loading work load to maximize efficiency and productivity.Responsible for optimizing labor at the shop, and ensuring the optimal mix of straight time, O/T and Outside Repair.Responsible for optimizing shift patterns to match supply of qualified tech hours versus the availability of equipment based upon customer operating hours.Oversee the execution of the Automated Planning System (APS).
- Labor Management:Provides management, training and development of all personnel assigned.Responsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel.Responsible for successful development and execution of the Technical Training Plan in coordination with the Field Training Team. Ensure TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trends.Makes recommendations for future staffing based on changes to the business environment.Responsible for Recruiting, Hiring, On-boarding, Payroll, and Succession Planning.
- Customer Management:Directly responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction, and retention, as well as ensuring uptime.Responsible for execution of customer communication protocol.Responsible for optimizing vehicle maintenance cycle time and ensuring that the shop meets or exceeds Delivered in Time Promised objectives based upon customer requirements.Collaborate with Sales Team to develop the service requirement section of the Customer Care Plan to ensure effective delivery of service.Conduct customer visits and annual reviews as required by the Customer Care Plan.
- Financial Management:Responsible for implementing cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet short and long term financial goals.Directly responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targets.Responsible for the optimization of net maintenance cost per unit.Responsible for Customer Retention and Maintenance CSI through optimal execution of the Maintenance Promise.Work with vendor sourcing group to identify potential and preferred vendors for specific facilities and vehicle maintenance services. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of third party invoices and the quality of worked outsourced to vendors.Responsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation, all liquid inventories to include fuel, DEF and oil.Responsible for the successful execution of the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities.Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activity.Responsible for the successful execution of the Warranty process and maximizing warranty recovery.Ensure data integrity in the Shop Management Online system.
- Asset Management:Directs his/her subordinates in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned locations, including sustaining 6S standards throughout the shop.Evaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirements.Responsible for the execution of Asset Management initiatives at the shop level.Management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service process.Provide input during business unit asset management review.Ensure all vehicles have required specifications in SAM.Responsible for successful execution of Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures.Collaborate with Rental in scheduling PM’s, utilization of assets to be ready at all times, subs, VMI, and wash log.
- Quality Management:Responsible for successful execution of Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, including In Process Reviews of non-PM work.Lead breakdown root cause analysis process, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance Center.Maintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimized.Responsible for all Mandatory Compliance items at the Shop Level as identified on the Quality Review inspection list.Accountable for all Quality Metrics within the Shop.Develop and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programs.Accountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirements.Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace and providing guidance for all safety efforts and initiatives.Ensure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehicles.Comply with Safety, State, and EPA regulations and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success at performance managing teams while leading, training, and developing the workforce, including effective delegation and oversight of assigned work
- Understanding of labor, financial operating, quality, safety and asset processes and related metrics
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to work with reporting systems to pull data for analysis and decision making (preferred)
- Demonstrated success to a safe work environment, quality execution, and customer service as evidenced by previous experience and performance track record
- Experience using Microsoft word and excel intermediate preferred
- Experience with Fleet Management Software preferred
- Maintenance and Technical experience in a shop environment preferred
- H.S. diploma/GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years or more experience in an operations environment or demonstrated success in a Ryder role required.
- One (1) year to Two (2) years or more Supervisory experience required.
DOT Regulated: No
\#LI-post #INDexempt \#FB
Job Category: Maintenance
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.