Technical Content Artist
About the Job
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for a passion-driven junior artist to work alongside the environment art team and assist with the creation and implementation of art assets. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
What we do greatly varies depending on what part of the development cycle we are at. As follows a few examples of the many areas we assist the environment art team with:
- We integrate existing artwork, fixing and tweaking where required.
- We create LODs, collision and other support art elements.
- We provide technical/optimization assistance.
- We fix a range of bugs - from simple bugs to complex art solutions.
- We sometimes assist with the creation of 3D assets.
- We integrate 2D designs into 3D environments.
- General art support for the main environment art team.
- Processing of art work through the game pipeline.
- Optimizing artwork to improve performance.
- Creating support assets (LODs, collision, lighting etc.).
- Troubleshooting any new tools and plugins.
- Bug fixing.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
- Strong knowledge in 3ds Max and Photoshop.
- Good ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- One to two years professional experience in the games industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV, portfolio and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.