.NET Security Developer
About the Job
With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online and other long-term Social Club plans, Rockstar is looking to add to our team of top-end .NET Backend Developers. The successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology with an internationally established team, and must possess great attention to detail, be a strong team player, and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a team who are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Security Team creates online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, authentication, anti-cheat, entitlements and more.
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build systems and tools to ensure a fair and balanced player experience.
- We ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our player data.
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems that aim to protect the integrity of our player experiences.
- Ensure security is being factored into each step of the software development process for various systems.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Possess versatility and willingness to regularly tackle new challenges.
- Passion for security methodologies and a desire to remain up to date with emerging threats and security solutions.
- Expert in C# and/or C++.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Knowledge of secure software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of web security best practices.
- Experience implementing core cryptography concepts.
- Experience peer reviewing code for security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Passion for games for playing and making video games!
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience building online gaming systems, authentication and user management systems, commerce systems, social networking systems.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.