Sr Data Eng - Data Products, Aggregations
About the Job
Riot Data Products (RDP) is an engineering team whose mission is to build solutions that equip Rioters with data technology that helps them to enhance the experience of players and Rioters. Our products span from data pipelines deployed globally that are used to publish a million plus events per second into our data ecosystem to the final datasets used for Riot's game portfolio and business health reporting.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the RDP Aggregations team, you bring a unique mix of distributed data processing, data modeling, and software engineering skills to develop data pipelines that support Riot's business health reporting and game services. The RDP Aggregations team focuses on transforming raw data and delivering datasets that allows our users to easily answer cross game questions. You will report to an engineering lead on the RDP Aggregations team, and work with data scientists, software engineers, and other data engineers in your team.
- You will partner with researchers, analysts, and advisers to ensure the time they spend transforming data to answer their questions are minimal.
- You will transform raw data to datasets that end-users can easily query.
- You will work with the data scientists and engineers on your team to develop new capabilities in the cross game problem space.
- You will advocate for best practices and identify opportunities for the team to improve the sustainability of our portfolio.
- 3+ Years of professional programming experience in SQL and Python or Java.
- 2+ Years of experience developing data pipelines and data modeling.
- Experience with cloud data tools (AWS, GCP).
- Experience working directly with end data users and meeting their requirements.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience developing an enterprise data warehouse spanning across multiple teams.
- Experience with software development lifecycle.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with Spark and BigQuery.