Registered Nurse Staff Educator Oncology
About the Job
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career in our HCA Center for Clinical Advancement department as an Oncology Educator at Research Medical Center.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Paid Personal Leave
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff and role model competent practice
- Role models
- Identifies Learning needs of staff
- Plans educational content with learner engagement
- Assesses practice gaps and identify learning needs and identifies desired outcomes
- Identifies learning needs
- Identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively create the change strategy
- Assists in the implementation of change strategies
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others
- Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice decisions
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan
- Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities
- Consistently maintains and sustain practice changes using principles of implementation science
- Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of change
- Works collaboratively with interprofessional teams as assigned
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration; initiates collaborative efforts i.e., facility Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Associate CNO and Nursing Directors
- Considers and communicates impact of activities on other departments/professions/community
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for staff in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing and assessment.
- Communicates professionally using appropriate methods
- Monitors the practices or operations with reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance indicators for clinical education service line within their division.
- Ensures that the work of the clinical education team develops educational content to meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Accountable for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Contributes and works collaboratively with division and facility education team to support hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, and service excellence goals through clinical education.
- Fosters a Service Excellence culture
- Understand nursing unit’s results to identify opportunities to support improvement in internal or external customer satisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing a superior clinical identity and culture-of-excellence which inspires higher expectations for care in the physicians, nurses and other clinicians than externally imposed standards.
- Promotes consistent positive patient interactions when coaching clinical staff that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Establishes a culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses and delivering cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
- Supports strategic planning and business development within the clinical education area of responsibility that may include technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Supports external relationships which advances the organization's position within the community, grows the business and improves the health of communities served.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare; to include political, legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to the development of long and short range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to assist in completing monthly operations; provides information on variances to the Director, Clinical Professional Development or other education leadership and action plans to address gaps
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to the development of long and short range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor’s degree in nursing is required. Graduate degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Knowledge/Professional Licensure/Registration/Certifications: Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) required within 6 months of hire. ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Card on hire or within six months of hire. American Heart Association Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification is required. Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of theories and principles of adult education. Must have demonstrated competency with computer technology for teaching purposes.
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center is accredited by The Commission on Cancer. The Commission on Cancer Standard 4.2 requires the nursing professional to complete 12 Oncology specific CNEs/CMEs each calendar year OR they hold an accredited certification starting after one year of hire.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years clinical experience. Experience in teaching in an academic or health care related field preferred.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.