Sr Mgr Dev and Engineering Svcs
About the Job
What's cool about this job
Job # REI03092021
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager Development and Engineering Services
55% of the time spent on People & Portfolio Management, including managing a team of engineers, project managers, architects, business analysts to build massively scalable, available, and secure services that are core to IBM Sterling Order Management; performing basic line supervision, including hiring, firing, conducting performance reviews, setting performance goals, promotions, salary increases, developing individual growth plans, and managing performance and discipline; identifying and communicating key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results; and holding responsibility development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, risks, and issues lists.
35% of the time spent on Order Management System & Capability Management, including preparing or reviewing business opportunity assessments with Enterprise Architecture to ensure solutions are aligned with enterprise architecture strategies; managing the Sterling Order Management System production environment and responsible to ensure customer Support Level Agreements (SLA) are achieved; leading technical management of software development projects through the full Software Development Cycle using IBM Sterling Order Management System, Java, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle, Cassandra & Mongo Databases, Mobile technologies (iOS & Cordova), source control software (GIT, Jenkins, related) related technologies; and holding responsibility for performance engineering and developing highly scalable architecture by leveraging deep expertise & hands-on experience in IBM Sterling Order Management software.
10% of the time spent on performing innovative research and prototype work related to emerging technologies, including creating and managing Sterling Order Management feasibility studies for adoption of cloud technologies for Order Management suite of products, including time and cost estimates, for the development of infrastructure and applications software systems to meet current and projected business needs for assigned company division or business unit(s); promoting innovation that provides new technical capabilities and/or creates process efficiencies; supporting Technical individual contributors in prototyping for Sterling Order Management & systems to support store and contact center operations; and identifying and providing recommendations for project management process improvements.
Telecommuting within normal commuting distance of Seattle, WA is required, with at least monthly in-person meetings at Seattle-area REI offices.
Bring your passion and expertise
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field, or the foreign degree equivalent; and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience performing software applications development.* This must include:
• 3 years of experience creating prototypes for emerging technologies related to order management system
• 3 years of experience providing technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet an organization's future needs
• 3 years of experience analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and documenting IBM Sterling Order Management System, including 1 year of experience in each of the following: performing unit testing, maintaining systems applications, and omni channel capabilities.
• 1 year of experience acting as a technical lead or consultant, with responsibility for solving highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects.
• 1 year of experience migrating Sterling Order Management System data from old to new systems and setting up new application with active-active architecture.
• 1 year of experience conducting technical walkthroughs with software engineers to ensure technical feasibility and standards across departments.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
*Employer will accept a Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field, or foreign degree equivalent, and three years of experience performing software applications development in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in one of these fields and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience performing software applications development.
Position is eligible for REI Employee Referral Program.