Sr Human Resources Business Partner
About the Job
What's cool about this job
In this role, you will demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant HR functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies required to drive client business success. You will build and execute strong integrated HR strategies and initiatives for assigned client groups and will support each customer's unique business needs, culture, and objectives. You will be responsible for the implementation and integration of human resource solutions spanning all areas of Human Resources, as well as the evaluation of their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Accountable for employment practice discipline including employee relations, risk mitigation, internal policy development, and external employment practice compliance.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing appropriate HR solutions.
- Facilitate the development of business strategies in partnership with the Organizational Effectiveness team (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to divisional leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career/succession planning, talent movement, and retention, leveraging workforce analytics and insights when available.
- Assist divisions in organizational design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles, and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assist in the development and implementation of change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, Performance Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Public Affairs) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs.
- Proactively integrate HR functional partners into customer strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions.
- Supports the implementation of company HR programs, procedures, policy, and practice.
- Maintain collaborative relationships within the organization to share and leverage best practices.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Eight plus years of HR generalist experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the retail and consumer products industry.
- An action orientation and the ability to quickly deliver quality results.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills including policy and creative writing, group presentation & individual coaching, and counseling skills.
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and company policies
- Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent, and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to the overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
- Strong customer relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision-makers to think strategically and critically.
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human resource implications.
- Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (e.g. overhead budget management)
- Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR team to deliver business solutions to clients; ability to lead virtually.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change.
- Training facilitation/presentation skills proficiency.