About the Job
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI's success by develop conceptional ideas based on the creative brief, synthesizing various input to create something "new" bring emotion and tone to marketing strategies. They will develop and inspire design creative teams to reach their full creative and business potential. Promote positive process and work relationships within department and cross-divisionally establish strong client relationships to insure positive creative contact. Models and act in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
- Organize and develop visual asset development - working on location in partnership with media studio -(photography/ cinematography)
- Manages shot list, manages internal/ external studio staff, casting.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3-5+ years experience in Creative Design/Art direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English
- Strong grasp of design and visual (film, photography) expression, ability to deliver meaningful and connected headlines to life.
- Understanding / ability to speak to multiple channels; social media, direct, digital, film/ video, virtual reality.
- Adobe creative suite, sketch, emerging design technology
- Ability to present "sell work" cross-divisionally and senior leadership
- Ability to work as a team; up the game creatively; up the brand creatively to deliver on tenants of the brand.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate brand management as it relates to all creative marketing materials.
- Proven abilities in effective concept creation within a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in creating communications through all avenues of print execution, from multi-page formats to packaging.
- Proven ability to provide superior print product and product collateral on time and within budget.
- Ability to solicit, understand and respond to customer needs.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Good knowledge of REI products and services.
- Ability to work flexible schedules as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.