Registered Respiratory Therapist
About the Job
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Resp/Pul Function Tech.
In this role, the successful candidate performs cardiopulmonary evaluation, respiratory treatment techniques and education to the patient, family and public.
- Reviews data in-patient record, including admission and current R.C. orders, patient history, physical exam, PFT values, ABG results, and laboratory data.
- Collects and evaluates clinical info by laboratory tests, inspection, palpation and auscultation for full patient assessments and documents.
- Educates patients and/or family on current Respiratory therapy and documents
- Responds to emergency codes such as: 66, 33, RRT, Level 1 Traumas, etc.
- Evaluates patients ventilatory / oxygenation status through invasive and non-invasive monitoring to achieve and maintain adequate ventilation.
- Selects, assembles, and checks for proper function, operation, cleanliness, and availability of mechanical ventilators, positive pressure devices, etc.
- Follows Department protocols, such as weaning protocol, patient ventilator monitoring, Cuff pressure monitoring, etc.
- Obtain and analyzes ABG's as ordered/ per policy.
- Performs proficiency testing, maintenance procedures on the ABG instruments. As per policy.
- Maintains all documentation in the ABG lab as per policy.
- Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve and maintain a patent airway, including maintenance of adequate humidification
- Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve and maintain adequate oxygenation.
- .Performs patient assessment in order to monitor effects of therapy provided and documents this assessment in the patient chart.
- Attends department meetings and in-services as instructed.
- Set up and maintain respiratory equipment as instructed
- Maintains all necessary licensing, certifications, and mandatory continuing education.
To qualify you must have a Certificate of graduation from a CoArc accredited Respiratory Therapy program required.
2 + years clinical experience.
NYS Respiratory Therapist license.
National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registry
BLS Certification Required.
Required Licenses: Reg Respiratory Therapist-Cert, Respiratory Therapist License-NYS
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.