Registered Respiratory Therapist
About the Job
Atlantic Health System is seeking a per diem Respiratory Therapist for their Respiratory Therapy Department at Overlook Medical Center. The shifts will vary, including weekends as needed by department.
Essential Job Function:
- Administering safe and competent respiratory care
- Reviewing and communicating physician orders
- Administering of medications
- Performing patient assessments
- Understanding implication of hemodynamic and pulse oximetry monitoring
- Performing arterial blood punctures and analysis
- Assisting with transport and monitoring of ventilated patients
- Documenting therapeutic information in the patients medical record and on other forms
- Assisting with lifting, rolling and proning of patients
- Performing according to approved infection control policies and procedures
- Working with the diagnostic teams is areas of bedside bronchoscopy and COPD education
- RRT Registered certification strongly preferred.
- NJ RCP license
- BLS/CPR certification,
- ACLS/PALS required.
Minimum Experience Required:
- One to two-year hospital Respiratory Therapist experience preferred.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills to work productively with patients, families, staff and co-workers.
- They can accept directives, maintain confidentiality, will not discriminate and uphold the ethical standards of the profession; will support the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the Organization
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortunes Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.