Registered Nurse (RN) - Rapid Response
About the Job
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Registered Nurse (RN) -Rapid Response Team (RRT) is a registered professional nurse who functions under the direction of the Nurse Manager and is responsible for coordination of Rapid Response Team assessment of patient, prioritization and implementation of interventions to ensure optimal patient outcomes, documentation of interventions and outcomes, communication with other team members and disciplines, and safe delivery of age appropriate and culturally aware patient care.
The RRT Nurse is accountable for addressing the patient/family biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and education needs. The RRT Nurse serves as a resource/support to the staff, physicians, patients, families, and other departments. The RRT Nurse is responsible for RRT calls, follow-up visits, RRT data collection, entry and analysis, development of RRT practice guidelines, evaluation of patient codes and informal education of staff.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing;
Required Minimum Licensure:
- Current licensure as a professional registered nurse in the State of Georgia; Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of two (2) years of nursing practice in a critical care environment;
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support credentials required;
- Current AHA Basic Life Support credentials required;
- National certification in critical care nursing preferred
- NIHSS certification required
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Inter- and intra-departmental coordination of patient care activities;
- Delegation skills required; Ability to multi-task essential;
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential;
- Strong detail orientation required;
- Computer skills required;
- Personal time management skills are required;
- Compliance with the American Nurses' Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required;
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices within parameters outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!